Performance Marketing Manager
Type: Permanent Full-time
WHAT IMPACT CAN A PERFORMANCE MARKETING MANAGER HAVE AT ESG?
East Side Games is searching for an experienced and driven Performance Marketing Manager to join our high performing Growth Team. Alongside the rest of the Growth Team, you will be responsible for bringing high-quality users into our portfolio of games (RuPaul’s Drag Race: The Mobile Game, The Office: Somehow We Manage, and Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money) and helping to grow our business. Predominantly, you will implement and manage profitable user acquisition campaigns as well as develop relationships with our advertising partners. However, you are used to collaborating across various teams and are comfortable contributing to other marketing disciplines (eg. Ad Monetization, App Store Optimization, Email etc.) when needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop long term mobile-based user acquisition (UA) strategies, including re-engagement initiatives that align with the overall branding and identity of each game.
- Create and manage campaigns across a variety of channels, while maintaining strong relationships with our partners including Facebook, Google, and other mobile game-specific ad networks.
- Analyze campaign performance to inform optimizations and deliver reports to stakeholders.
- Leverage data to optimize campaigns towards the cost per install (CPI) and return on ad spend (ROAS) goals.
- Manage budgets effectively between channels and campaigns to maximize ROAS.
- Work with marketing artists to develop creative strategies and to prioritize creative pipeline.
- Manage relationships with IP holders to ensure their needs are met and that creative assets adhere to brand guidelines.
- Plan and execute UA plans for game launches across multiple networks in collaboration with stakeholders, developers, artists, analysts and marketing teams
- Collaborate directly with the games teams, not only on marketing initiatives but also on prioritizing game integrations needed by the Growth Team (eg. the implementation of SDKs and data attribution).
- Develop roadmaps to plan tests around creative (a/b testing), additional networks, audiences, and optimizations.
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices.
- Understand and set up attribution using a Mobile Measurement Partner to verify data
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 years’ experience in digital marketing (paid digital marketing is an asset)
- Willingness and ability to pitch in to help in broadly integrated digital marketing strategies, and online marketing, preferably with experience in mobile gaming.
- A strong analytical mindset with a working knowledge of attribution.
- Experience using excel, business intelligence software (such as Tableau), to conduct analysis and derive insights.
- Post-secondary degree with a focus on marketing, communications, economics, or finance.
- Experience in managing, growing, and optimizing mobile acquisition campaigns and partnerships.
- Experience with running marketing for mobile ad platforms (Facebook, Google Ads, and more).
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding and experience with the iOS and Android marketplaces.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge brands IPs that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly 2SLGBTQIA+QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!