UX/ UI Designer
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, or any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here.
WHAT IMPACT CAN A UX/UI DESIGNER HAVE AT ESG?
As a LiveOps UI/UX Designer, you’ll bring a keen sense of user-centred design, an eye for detail and a love of mobile games. Working on our Live Ops team, you’ll ensure consistency and quality of the player experience across multiple games. You’ll be a champion of empathy and understanding the needs of our diverse playerbase.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO IN YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Design user flows, wireframes, prototypes, icons and interactions for new features & UX improvements for our Live Ops games
- Design experiences which meet Apple and Google’s requirements, following best practices
- Quickly iterate, discover issues and provide solutions based on feedback from usability tests and analytics
- Work with different game teams to ensure clear and consistent UI/UX across new features and Live Events
- Design and document clear, polished UI design systems and mockups consistent with game style guides
- Work with Game Design to create clear design documentation
- Be an expert on idle games and our player personas, designing for their needs
- Document and maintain UI and UX Guidelines
- Plan and assist with usability studies, user surveys and other UR
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- 1 – 2 years professional experience working in UI, UX or similar role
- UX, Communication Design or Games education background, or similar
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices & ‘User Centred’ design
- Strong visual design sense, ability to create polished UI mockups and interactions that are consistent with art style guide using vector graphics
- Strong knowledge of UI design and vector art creation tools – Adobe XD (or Sketch or similar), Animate, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Strong communication skills – Ability to clearly communicate UI/UX needs and solutions, articulate issues when they arise
- Exceptional problem solving skills – Displays curiosity and drive, thinks ‘User First’
- Plays mobile games – Understands ‘Free to Play’ games and business model (Bonus if you are an idle game super-fan!).
- Portfolio showcasing previous UI/UX work on other games or similar projects. Showcases design sense, technical skill and reasonings.
- Professional experience working in Unity or other game engine – has shipped at least one mobile game working as UI/UX designer
- Bonus: Experience working with outside IP or brands, software as a service
- A gamer, particularly mobile games, but we still love you if you’ve imagined your own board game, play console games, or enjoy other online experiences.
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!