Technical Director – Vancouver
Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 0213-262
Reports To: CEO
Start Date: 1
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a dynamic, multi-talented Technical Director to join our team. You (yes, you!) are well experienced in identifying business needs, leading multiple projects, and developing high performing teams. Not only do you have what it takes to scale and lead a team, but you’re an expert in all the latest news technologies, and tools that add value in our projects and technical implementation. You’ll own the vision of tech, and aren’t afraid of doing some of the day-to-day work, while providing technical leadership. Most of all, you’re known for your ability to champion product development by translating product ideas into technical specs.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead the technical direction for our business, ensuring that all team members are aligned and capable of moving forward towards success!
- Provide technical direction for multiple projects such as; setting up architecture and design, monitoring progress, resourcing, utilization etc.
- Collaborate with studio Directors to ensure roadmaps are in alignment with engineering requirements.
- Identify technical stacks required and mitigation risks early on in development and provide solutions for possible cases that may arise.
- Develop our people, ensure that technical team members are aligned on the technical path forward and are afforded professional development.
- Bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams. Ensure that technical concepts translate into strategic plans for our business goals.
*** Duties & responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience leading high performing engineering teams.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience of relevant technical front-end and back-end development.
- Proven experience with C# and/or Unity, object-game/mobile languages, and server-side programming environments.
- Experience with project management and agile workflows.
- Experience trying out new tools, failing fast, and navigating new developments.
- Experience working directly with product teams and product owners.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues with ease and confidence.
- Passion for developing people, products, and technical processes!
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience shipping F2P Games is desired but not essential.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!