Senior Software Engineer
Type: Permanent Full-time
Reports To: Lead Software Engineer
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
You (yes, you!) are known for your self-starting, entrepreneurial drive and apply those skills when developing core technology for external partners.
You’ll have autonomy from day one to develop a series of core features used by our customers on multiple idle, mobile games.
Your ideal team? A collaborative, cross-functional team where you can work with different groups and where each day has its own unique challenges and wins.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Implement and iterate on core gameplay features for our customers.
- Build and refactor flexible systems that can meet various customer use cases and remain clean and maintainable.
- You won’t be directly developing games, but you’ll be enabling studios that are actively building the newest, shiniest, mobile idle titles.
- Be solution-oriented: use your customer-first mindset to develop and improve our framework in collaboration with other Engineers.
- Maintain a code base across several released versions with backwards compatibility in mind.
- Write customer facing and internal documentation.
- *** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5+ years of experience in game programming, system architecture, simulation programming, or middleware development.
- 2+ years of experience and knowledge of mobile game development and platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Solid understanding of Unity-based C# game development.
- Travel – You may be required to visit customers occasionally.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience developing SDK’s or frameworks used by external customers.
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional team.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!