Senior Software Engineer
Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 0213-281
Reports To: Lead Software Engineer
THE LOW DOWN
At East Side Games, we’ve built a reputation on strong narrative experiences in the idle genre, with a nod toward unconventional – yet hilarious! – themes. We believe the best games are made by teams that are always learning, always exploring, and always hungry for more!
To do this, we need a Senior Software Engineer to help us bring the Gang from _It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia_ to life, and it could be you! You’re a passionate C# Developer with serious Unity skills, who enjoys collaborating with Design, Art, and other game teams. You’re driven to build systems, implement architecture, and have a desire to make the best narrative idle game this side of the Delaware River.
Do you want to raise the technology bar for idle games, whilst helping us excite and engage a dedicated fan base? Are you looking for an opportunity to lead and grow within a team that’s ready to release another idle hit? If so, keep reading!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design and implement systems and architecture for games.
- Implement game enhancements, features, and bug fixes, including performance and footprint optimizations.
- Deliver high quality, well-structured and well-documented code.
- Provide regular feedback on improvements to game design, processes, workflows, or tools.
- Create new and maintain existing tools for content creation, to add new functionalities and improve the workflows.
- Participate in development planning and scheduling, working with production to estimate tasks and ensure milestones are hit.
- *** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years experience building production software systems
- Must have shipped at least 1 commercial Unity mobile game.
- 3+ years with C# and Unity.
- Must have a strong interest in the social and mobile gaming space; we actually encourage you to play games and provide input in their design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability; you have worked with cross-functional teams. Strong analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Android / iOS Mobile application development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, etc)
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience as a Technical Leader to other engineers.
- Experience working in large scale projects and Intellectual Properties.
- Understanding of Agile software engineering practices.
- AWS S3 and EC2, PHP, Jenkins, Databases (CouchBase), Docker.
- Interest in the social and mobile gaming space; we encourage you to play games and provide input in their design.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!