Senior Game Designer – Nanaimo
Type: Permanent Full-time
Department: Game Design
Job Code: 5241-248
Reports To: Lead Software Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a dynamic, multi-talented Senior Game Designer to join our team and enhance our live games and future projects in our exciting new Nanaimo office! You (yes, you!) hold a strong understanding of F2P mobile game design and are an expert in creating engaging, detailed and balanced games. You accomplish all this while exhibiting exceptional creativity and motivation. You love to see a project through from start to finish and thrive off of working with a versatile team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Hands-on creation of features and live ops events.
- Facilitating scope of design features, events and economies to meet project goals.
- Leading Junior Designers and Designers in creating, improving and tuning features.
- Reporting weekly on project analytics, provide suggestions for improvements, and taking action on suggestions.
- Building design tools and systems to implement and tune live features and game data.
- Creating templates to set standards for feature specifications, designs, and documentation.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4+ years of mobile F2P game design and balance experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of F2P trends and best practices.
- Proven experience creating, balancing and tuning F2P economies and systems.
- Strong game data analysis and evaluation experience.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Outstanding communication skills – must communicate project updates, learnings, and findings to the team and entire studio.
- Passionate about playing, analyzing and reviewing mobile F2P games.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!