Senior Game Designer
Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Department: Game Design
Job Code: 5241-290
Reports To: CEO
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a Senior Game Designer to scale up our live games and work on exciting upcoming titles. You’re a F2P balancing ninja, who’s created engaging and fun titles for your MVP’s, the players. You thrive off collaboration and are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to gameplay and economy tuning.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Hands-on creation, iteration, and tuning of the game’s balance and economy.
- Set scope and priorities of features, events, and economies to meet project goals.
- Develop a deep understanding of our players’ needs and motivations.
- Collaborate with studio leadership on game direction, roadmap, and live operations.
- Work with our analytics team to define and review the game’s metrics to drive improvements to meet project KPIs.
- Design and own economy and systems tools to facilitate live game content creation and tuning.
- Spreadsheet extensive knowledge and problem-solving skills.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3+ years of mobile F2P design and balance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology.
- Demonstrated experience creating, balancing and tuning F2P economies and systems.
- Solid understanding of live operation best practices.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of F2P trends and best practices.
- Proactive in problem-solving and driven by improving KPIs, both in-game and team performance.
- Understands how to provide creative solutions that are aligned with business goals.
- Ability to drive clear communication to key stakeholders, studio and game teams.
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous experience with Idle games or mechanics
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!