Senior Artist – Vancouver
Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 5241-261
Reports To: Art Director
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games has an opportunity for a Senior Artist to join our art division to create new concepts, assets and animation for our mobile and social games. We are searching for a tightly focused, deadline driven, independent individual that likes to put input and contribution to where it counts in the mobile space.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Support, mentor and manage the Art team for your project.
- Work with the Art Director to hire/train new artists.
- Utilize Photoshop, Animate, Illustrator and Unity to design, build and animate optimized assets in varied styles and in accordance with project specifications.
- Work collaboratively with the Directors and other discipline Leads to bring your project from pre-production to release.
- Collaborate with Engineering to research and develop new pipeline tools.
- Research, analyze and report on trends in the Mobile game industry to drive our mission of providing the best user experience possible.
- Create rapid prototypes for user testing.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5+ years’ experience in Game Development or related industry.
- Experience supervising and managing a team of artists.
- Industry production-level knowledge of Unity, Animate, Illustrator and Photoshop (Spine a bonus).
- A wide range of polished work (including vector examples) in varied styles.
- Examples of 2D and/or 3D character animation.
- Concept work that demonstrates your thought process and ability to work iteratively.
- 3+ years’ experience as an artist or animator in a high-tech environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary training in Classical Animation, 3D Animation, Illustration, Graphic Design or related field.Excellent time-management skills in a fast-paced production environment, and the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- A strong interest in and knowledge of the Mobile game space
**Please link your portfolio in the Website field of the application!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!