Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 2171-286
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a dedicated QA Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis. You (yes, you!) have excellent investigative skills and a keen eye for identifying potential defects. You enjoy working in a tight-knit environment where your assessment of product quality translates into rapid product improvements; and most of all, you are an avid social media and mobile gamer.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Create and implement automated testing solutions.
- Develop, maintain and execute test cases, test session charters and perform thorough exploratory testing.
- Reproduce and accurately report on any bugs encountered in our products.
- Provide detailed reports on test results to the QA Manager, QA Lead, and Producer.
- Reverse engineer potential cheats and game exploits, and work with the Software Engineering teams to resolve any issues.
- Monitor, assess and report on product quality. Provide input on ways to improve the quality of our games and internal tools.
- Coordinate the day to day test effort with the QA Lead and Producer.
- Utilize in-house and 3rd party tools to maximize test coverage.
- Track and update your assigned tasks daily in our project management software, Jira.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Champion the end user, and work with the design, community and development teams to improve the player experience.
- Work closely with the engineers and the software to find technical problems and solutions within the game.
- *** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- BS in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of QA Testing experience.
- Experience working with test automation, and automation tools such as Selenium.
- Experience using mobile test tools such as Firebase, Appurify, or Adobe Scout.
- Experience working with proxy debug tools such as Fiddler or Charles.
- Experience working in the Unity engine.
- Excellent understanding of quality assurance and software development concepts.
- Strong understanding of coding principles as well as programming or scripting knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in a mobile environment and/or web environment.
- Experience playing social and mobile games.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, & task management skills.
- A passion for social & mobile games of all kinds, and experience in online game communities a huge plus!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!