QA/Community Analyst – Nanaimo Office
Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Job Code: 2171-247
Reports To: Lead Software Engineer/QA Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a full-time QA/Community Analyst to join our team at our newest office, located in beautiful Nanaimo! You (yes, you!) have excellent investigative skills and a keen eye for identifying potential defects. You enjoy working in a tight-knit environment where your assessment of product quality translates into rapid product improvements; most of all, you’re an avid social media and mobile gamer.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Develop, maintain and execute test cases, test session charters and perform thorough exploratory testing.
- Reproduce bugs and other known issues and accurately report them into Assembla, our project management software. Track and update your assigned tasks daily in Assembla as needed.
- Provide detailed reports on test results to the QA Project Lead, QA Manager, and Producer.
- Reverse engineer potential cheats and game exploits, and work with the Software Engineering teams to resolve any issues.
- Maintain under 150 tickets rolling three-day average.
- Maintain a ticket response time of 48 hours minimum with 24 hours as stretch target.
- Monitor, assess and report on product quality. Provide input on ways to improve the quality of our games and internal tools.
- Coordinate the day to day test effort with the Project Lead, QA Manager, and Producer.
- Utilize in-house and 3rd party tools to maximize test coverage and provide reports on metrics. Continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Maintain technical documentation.
- Champion the end user, and work with the design, community and development teams to improve the player experience.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in online communications, client relations, or customer support.
- Experience working in a mobile environment and/or web environment.
- Experience playing social and mobile games.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and task management skills.
- Experience using mobile test tools such as Appurify or Adobe Scout is a plus.
- Experience using debug proxy tools such as Charles or Fiddler is a plus.E
- Experience with online support, managing incoming ticket queues, or community management is a plus.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS here!
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!