People and Talent Manager (Contract) – Vancouver
Type: Temporary Full-time
Job Code: 0112-253
Reports To: CEO
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is on the hunt for a People and Talent Manager (aka HR Manager) to join our People Team! You (yes, you!) will be responsible for leading our HR initiatives for a growing studio of 100+ fiercely independent individuals. You’ll report directly into our company CEO, join our team of Directors, and manage our talented 4-person People Team! This is a 9-12-month contract that has opened due to an upcoming maternity leave.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Implement and manage professional development initiatives for employees.
- Own the performance management process with our founders and leaders.
- Advise management team on employment laws and best practices.
- Coach managers to resolve employee relations issues.
- Update and improve existing HR policies.
- Conduct salary reviews, market salary assessments, and participate in compensation planning.
- Optimize use of company’s HR systems (BambooHR and JazzHR) and more!
- Support talent acquisition and employment branding efforts. Handle managerial tasks for the People Team, including one-on-ones and performance reviews.
- Advise on employee immigration and relocation cases as needed, including working knowledge of NAFTA and LMIA.
***Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive HR Manager/Leader/Generalist experience at the senior level, preferably in the technology sector. Previous recruitment experience is preferred.
- Relevant education such as an HR or Business degree is preferred, as is a CPHR certification.
- Previous managerial experience in leading a team and mentoring other HR team members; you’ll oversee a team of three creative individuals.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of Federal and Provincial Employment standard, Human Rights, and Labour Law.
- Strong team player with a mindset of balancing both employee and employer needs.
- Ability to thrive and adapt to rapid-paced business change.
- Experience working in a growing company!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!