Lead Software Engineer
Type: Permanent Full-time
Reports To: Technical Director
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games has an immediate opening for a Lead Software Engineer to lead the engineering team for a fiercely independent group that champions co-development efforts with partner studios leveraging ESG’s own proprietary technology. You (yes, you!) are known for your people and project management skills that you use to lead teams of engineers towards a technical vision that you help create. You’re known for having strong technical skills, but also tempering your decision-making with business and customer value in mind. Your ideal team? One that collaborates and is cross-functional, a team where you can work with various groups from customers, businesses, and technical needs.
OUR TEAMS MISSION STATEMENT
To empower our customers with the tools & knowledge to save time & reduce risk when developing Idle Games.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Champion the vision for our co-development framework to partners and customers, while adapting the technology to their specific needs.
- Be solution-oriented, collaborate in a multi-disciplined team to solve problems, but also be prepared to do some hands-on engineering to get sh*t done!
- Lead, manage and coach a team of engineers, and develop their careers
- Leverage your technical skills to create roadmaps that balance technical performance, customer needs, and company business value.
- *** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6+ years in game programming, simulation programming, or games middleware.
- 2+ years in leading a small team of Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Solid understanding of game development with the Unity Engine in C# as well as software design patterns and principles including MVC, SOLID, DRY. and IoC.
- Experience both developing and driving technical roadmaps, providing a clear technical vision.
- Experience in project management for software products.
- Proven ability to write clean, well-documented code.
- Customer service oriented mindset.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to travel.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working in a startup-like, agile environment.
- Experience scaling Engineering teams and leading bigger teams.
- Experience working as a developer support engineer in a related field.
- Experience working in a B2B environment or related field.
- Experience working with external developers/engineers.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!