Lead Community Manager – Vancouver
Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 0124-257
Reports To: Game Design Director
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
East Side Games is hiring for a Lead Community Manager in our beautiful Vancouver office! You (yes, you!) will lead our team of 8 talented Community Reps and Social Content Editor, ensuring our first line of player-facing ESGers is supported and well-equipped for success. You’ll build out the Community team toolkit and resource base while learning the ins-and-outs of your team’s roles and advocating for them in higher-level meetings. When needed, you’ll take on player support tickets and jump into social and livestream activities as a studio rep.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Embody our “Community is Everything” philosophy by representing our customers across the studio and projects.
- Be an active and honest leader/mentor for your team by setting measurable individual and department goals.
- Continually evaluate your team’s workflow, tools and processes to identify and lead improvements.
- Interact and respond to player issues quickly and consistently through a variety of support channels (forum, online CRM, social media, etc.).
- Develop and build our studio community team and internal/external presence to improve monetization, player engagement, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Identify communication/social/game trends to push the innovation/creativity in our industry; review effectiveness of all campaigns.
- Constantly strive to increase your team’s throughput and ability to respond to support requests.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver world-class customer service for ESG’s games.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or college diploma in business, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of people management in the areas of online communications, client relations, and/or customer support teams, preferably in the games industry.
- Demonstrated experience in setting, managing and hitting targets and the ability to identify and provide solutions for improvement.
- Strong analytic and reporting skills. You understand the difference between qualitative and quantitative data and when to use each in your reports.
- Experience creating customer support initiatives (preferably with a net positive ROI).
- Active involvement in social networking (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, blogs, etc.).
- Able to work out of office hours (i.e. attend killer industry events) and be a face of ESG.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for social and mobile games!
BONUS POINTS IF YOU’VE GOT THESE:
- Grit: you willingly take on challenges with perseverance and produce results.
- Demonstrated experience managing online communities.
- Knowledge of game streaming and video channels: Twitch, Facebook Live, Youtube Gaming, etc.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!