Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Job Code: 5241-288
Reports To: CEO
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
Night Garden Studios (in partnership with East Side Games) is looking for a Lead Artist to lead their art department and manage all art production for a new mobile game of ESG’s beloved Dragon Up IP. We are searching for a tightly focused, deadline-driven, independent individual that thrives on collaboration and strives to make an impact in the mobile space. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor and work with a dedicated, hungry team to grow their young studio into a mobile powerhouse.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Support, mentor and manage the Art team for your project.
- Work with Night Garden to hire/train new artists.
- Mange outsourcing resources as required.
- Utilize Unity, Animate/Illustrator and Photoshop to design, build and animate optimized assets in varied styles and in accordance with project specifications.
- Work collaboratively with the discipline Leads to bring your project from pre-production to release
- Collaborate with Engineers to research and develop new pipeline tools.
- Research, analyze and report on trends in the Mobile game industry so you can assist us in providing the best user experience possible.
- Create rapid prototypes for user testing.
*** Duties & responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Demonstrated experience working with Unity.
- 5+ years of experience in Game Development or related industry.
- Industry production-level knowledge of Animate, Illustrator, and Photoshop (Spine a bonus).
- Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary training in Classical Animation, 3D Animation, Illustration, Graphic Design or related field.
- A wide range of polished work (including vector examples) in varied styles.
- Examples of 2D and/or 3D character animation.
- Concept work that demonstrates your thought process and ability to work iteratively.
- Excellent time-management skills in a fast-paced production environment, and the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- A strong interest in and knowledge of the Mobile game space.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!