Grant Writer – Vancouver
Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 4161-256
Reports To: Controller
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is on the hunt for a Grant Writer to join our Finance Team! You (yes, you!) will be our in-house SR&ED expert, collaborating with internal technical and business teams to understand current project activities and verify SR&ED program eligibility. You’ll dive into our documents and systems to identify relevant data, combine this data with information from other teams, and translate this into grant application jargon for annual submissions. To help future-proof us, you’ll also setup internal processes for other teams to follow when documenting future work and lead applications for other grants or public programs our studio may be eligible for.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Partner with technical teams on a regular basis to capture and summarize development activities.
- Work with external SR&ED consultants to frame development activities in a program-relevant format.
- Be the studio domain expert on SR&ED, including confirming SR&ED claim eligibility for internal technical activities.
- Collect, analyze, and transform data in timesheets, our development tracking system (Assembla), HR systems, and finance reports to summarize relevant information for CRA submissions.
- Establish processes and procedures for collecting SR&ED-related information correctly and efficiently, while minimizing the impact on our development teams.
- Prepare documents for our Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit (IDMTC) application.
- Research other federal, provincial and municipal funding programs, gather relevant program and application information, and prepare and submit applications.
***Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Product Manager, Business Analyst, Software Engineer, or related technical role.
- Familiar with the concepts of software design, architecture, and algorithms in game development, server-side infrastructure, or mobile development.
- Previous working experience with the SR&ED program (federal and provincial).
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including technical writing).
- Exceptional analytical and critical-thinking skills.
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets).
- Able to work independently and is results-oriented with a strong interest in continuous improvement.
- Experience with building and shipping Unity-based mobile games is a bonus.
- Experience with PHP, AWS, or Client/Server systems is a bonus.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!