Game Data Analyst
Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 2171-274
Reports To: Director of Revenue
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a dedicated Game Data Analyst to join our team! You (yes, you!) have excellent analytical skills and a keen eye for identifying opportunities. You’re excited about data analysis, data science, predictive analytics, and mining big data for patterns. Additionally, you are an avid mobile gamer and are always on the lookout for new trends.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Develop standardized reports, metrics, and data sets to monitor game performance on a daily basis.
- Track key performance indicators and identify methods for improvement.
- Use statistical models to find potential business and design opportunities in our games.
- Work with game teams to measure and optimize game performance in early and worldwide launch.
- Use Tableau to build dashboards that equip game teams to self-serve standardized data and reports.
- Develop and maintain lifetime value models for each of our games.
- Work to improve and develop our analytics tools.
- Design promotions that fit within gaps in the existing game economies.
- Collaborate with producers, designers, engineers, and QA to improve retention and monetization.
- Tell stories with data to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the User Acquisition team to optimize ads and re-engage players.
- *** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience as an analyst, data scientist, or related role.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL (e.g., window functions), Tableau, and proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g., R, Python).
- Ambition to own and take ownership of the reporting and analysis functions for our games.
- Understanding of statistical analysis and methods.
- Ability to look at large complex data sets and formulate meaningful conclusions.
- Experience with A/B testing and calculating statistical significance within a big data context (e.g., bootstrapping, permutation testing).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!