Type: Permanent Full-time
Reports To: DevOps Lead
At East Side Games, we’ve built a reputation on strong narrative experiences in the idle genre, with a nod toward unconventional – yet hilarious! – themes. We believe the best games are made by teams that are always learning, always exploring, and always hungry for more!
To do this, we need a DevOps Engineer to help improve automation, CI/CD and the Software Life Cycle at ESG.
Do you want to be able to create code pipelines that you are proud of and foster best practices across different teams with very smart people? Then this position is for you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Designing and implementing code pipelines with Jenkins (CI/CD)
- Managing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to coordinate software release and increase the speed/frequency of deployments.
- Creating alerts/monitors on pipelines and production environments.
- Automating manual tasks to make software development faster.
- Managing Jenkins installations with ephemeral slaves.
- Developing dockerized base images to be used by other teams.
- Fostering, implementing, and enforcing best practices on code pipelines.
- Fostering CALMS philosophy (Culture Automation Lean Measurement Sharing)
- *** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 1+ years of experience working with Jenkins or some other CI/CD tool.
- 1+ years of experience with automation with SH, Python or other language.
- Experience working with containerized applications
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good communication skills for motivating people to improve/adopt best practices.
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of DevOps culture (CALMS)
- AWS certification
- Jenkins certification
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience with Docker, Unity, k8s, and Puppet or another configuration management tool
- Interest in the social and mobile gaming space; we encourage you to play games and provide input in their design!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!