2D Game Artist (Intermediate)
Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 5241-277
Reports To: Art Director
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games has an opportunity to join our art division to create new concepts, assets, and animation for our mobile and social games! You (yes, you!) are a focused, deadline-driven, independent individual that likes to put input and contribution to where it counts in the mobile space. You’ve got a creative eye and are able to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to create a fantastic player experience.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Utilize Photoshop, Animate and Unity to design, build and animate optimized assets and UI in varied styles and in accordance with project specifications.
- Work collaboratively and iterate with the art director, art lead, engineers and other departments to bring your tasks from initial concept to full implementation.
- Research, analyze and report on social and mobile industry trends so you can assist us in providing the best user experience possible.
- Create rapid prototypes for user testing.
- *** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Industry production-level knowledge of Unity, Animate (Flash) and Photoshop (Spine a bonus).
- A wide range of polished work (including vector examples) in varied styles.
- Examples of 2D character design and animation.
- Concept work that demonstrates your thought process and ability to work iteratively.
- 3+ years’ experience as an artist or animator in a high-tech environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary training in Classical Animation, 3D Animation, Illustration, Graphic Design, or related field.
- Excellent time-management skills in a fast-paced production environment and the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- A strong interest in and knowledge of the mobile games space!
- **Please link your portfolio in the Website field of the application!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!