Senior Software Engineer – Unity
Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 0213-280
Reports To: Lead Software Engineer
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer with Unity Experience to join our successful mobile LIVE-OPS game team for “Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money”. We want you (yes, you!) as our dedicated Senior Software Engineer who will make use of your technical experience in game development with Unity3D and apply it to for Android and iOS mobile platforms. Most of all, your skillset will add value in managing a small team of engineers. You’ll work with other client-side and server-side engineers to design and implement systems and architecture for games.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Participate in development planning and scheduling, working with production to estimate tasks and ensure milestones are hit. Help to create stories and engineering subtasks.
- Create the technical vision and RoadMap for the Front End, Back End, Build Pipeline, and Tools
- Mentoring Junior, Co-op team members and engineers with various experience levels across the project team.
- Design and implement systems and architecture for games.
- Implement game enhancements, features, and bug fixes, including performance and footprint optimizations.
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code.
- Provide regular feedback on improvements to game design, processes, workflows, or toolchains.
- Create new and maintain existing tools for content creation, to add new functionalities and improve the workflow.
- *** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 6+ years of overall experience as a Software Engineer
- Have shipped a commercial Unity mobile game.
- 2+ years’ experience as a technical leader to other engineers.
- 2+ years with C# and Unity.
- Experience with object-oriented game/mobile languages such as Objective-C, Java, C++, or AS3.
- Experience in Android / iOS Mobile application development
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability; you have worked with cross-functional teams.
NICE TO HAVE
- Interest in the social and mobile gaming space; we encourage you to play games and provide input in their design.
- Experience with one or more of the following AWS S3 and EC2, PHP, Jenkins, Databases (CouchBase), Docker.
- Understanding of different software engineering practices, Agile, Waterfall and Feature Driven Development.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!