Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 5241-222
Reports To: Art Director
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games has an opportunity for a Senior Artist/Animator to join our art division to create new concepts, assets, and animation for our mobile and social games. You (yes, you!) are a tightly focused, deadline driven and independent individual that wants to contribute and make an impact in the mobile space.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Support, manage and mentor the art team for your project.
- Work with the art director to hire/train new artists.
- Utilize Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Maya and Unity to design, build and animate optimized assets and UI in varied styles and in accordance with project specifications.
- Work collaboratively and iterate with the art director, engineers and other departments to bring your tasks from initial concept to full implementation.
- Collaborate with engineers to research and develop new pipeline tools.
- Research, analyze and report on social and mobile industry trends so you can assist us in providing the best user experience possible.
- Create rapid prototypes for user testing.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Working experience with Unity and Spine (mandatory).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an artist or animator in a high-tech environment with industry knowledge of Flash, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary training in Classical Animation, 3D Animation, Illustration, Graphic Arts, Graphic Design or related field.
- Strong grasp of 2D & 3D animation, and vector examples in varied styles.
- Strong grasp of character design.
- Unmatched time-management skills in a fast-paced production environment, and the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Experience supervising and managing a team of artists.
- Ability to communicate effectively and successfully.
- A positive attitude and a passion for games.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!