Lead Game Designer
Type: Permanent Full-time
Department: Game Design
Job Code: 5241-197
Reports To: Game Design Director
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a Lead Game Designer to join an established team. You (yes, you!) have an excellent eye for planning, detailing and supervising the work of other game designers while setting the bar on design, documentation, and tools. You’re known for managing the performance of a team and can resolve situations that affect game design production swiftly. People describe you as a person with a get sh*t done mentality. Most of all, you’ve supported a Creative Designer/Director in the creation and development of a company’s game design vision.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead and mentor a close-knit team of designers in creating, improving and tuning features to create engaging player experiences.
- Define and analyze key user metrics to improve game performance and health.
- Continually evaluate and iterate on live game features, events and economies to improve monetization and retention.
- Communicate and set project objectives, strategies and general info to all designers for the development of our games.
- Supervise and motivate other designers in best practices, processes and procedures pertaining to production.
- Provide ongoing feedback through one-on-one meetings with peers and leads.
- Stay up-to-date on current free-to-play game trends and best practices.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5+ years of game design experience with 3+ years of mobile game design.
- Bachelor and/or diploma in Art, Design, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience balancing and tuning game economies and systems for live games.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience balancing and tuning game economies & systems.
- Familiarity with data analysis and evaluation. You know how to make meaningful conclusions.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of free-to-play mobile games and best practices.
- Outstanding communication and documentation skills. Must be able to communicate with an entire development team.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!