Lead Game Designer
Type: Permanent Full-time
Department: Game Design
Job Code: 5131-197
Reports To: Game Design Director
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a Lead Game Designer to join an established team. You (yes, you!) have an excellent eye for planning, detailing & supervising the work of other game designers while setting the bar on design, documentation & tools. You’re known for managing the performance of a team & can resolve situations that affect game design production swiftly. People describe you as a person with a get sh*t done mentality. Most of all, you’ve supported a Creative Designer/Director in the creation & development of a company’s game design vision.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead & mentor a close-knit team of designers in creating, improving & tuning features to create engaging player experiences.
- Define & analyze key user metrics to improve game performance & health.
- Continually evaluate & iterate on live game features, events & economies to improve monetization & retention.
- Communicate & set project objectives, strategies & general info to all designers for the development of our games.
- Supervise & motivate other designers in best practices, processes & procedures pertaining to production.
- Provide ongoing feedback through one-on-one meetings with peers & leads.
- Stay up-to-date on current free-to-play game trends and best practices.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5+ years of game design experience with 3+ years of mobile game design.
- Extensive experience balancing & tuning game economies & systems for live games.
- Strong problem solving & critical thinking skills.
- Experience balancing & tuning game economies & systems.
- Familiarity with data analysis & evaluation. You know how to make meaningful conclusions.
- Extensive experience & knowledge of free-to-play mobile games and best practices.
- Outstanding communication & documentation skills. Must be able to communicate with an entire development team.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!