Intermediate Software Engineer
Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Code: 0213-202
Reports To: Tech Director
Number of Openings: 1
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Software Engineer. You (yes, you!) have a passion for clean code and are experienced in games and/or web development. You are able to work under tight deadlines and successfully perform fast iterations with agility and ease. You thrive in environments that focus on building software that supports the maintenance of a 24/7 system.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design, implement and troubleshoot server-side software in the cloud (we use AWS)
- Work with multiple data store technologies, including both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Maintain uptime and ensure smooth operation of software to support a 24/7 business
- Design highly available and scalable systems with Senior Software Engineers and Product Managers.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience in object-oriented server-side programming environments such as PHP, Python, or Java.
- 1+ years designing, querying, optimizing and scaling SQL or NoSQL databases
- Prior experience working on and shipping large-scale software systems and/or game titles.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience building software deployed to a cloud-based environment like Amazon Web Services and/or Docker
- Prior experience in DevOps or systems administrator roles an asset.
- Solid understanding of network-based client/server systems and its implications on performance and security.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our website.
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!